GOODAY FROM PAROO DARLING NP

Monday 7 October 2013

I am about 50 k's from Wilcannia in the Paroo Darling NP camped on the Darling river and suprisingly have  a Telstra internet signal.

I left Broken Hill on the 28 Sept and headed 330 k's north to top left corner of NSW, small remote town of Tibooburra near the Sturt Nat Park and Cameron Corner where the 3 states NSW/Qld/SA meet.  I went through here last year during winter.  Then I moved 250 k's south east to Paroo Darling NP near White Cliffs then to another section of the Nat Park near Wilcannia where I am atm.

Last week while at Sturt NP I decided to do a loop through the 3 states at Cameron Corner which is in the desert and quite remote.  So first I drove to the border/dog fence and crossed from NSW into SA then I turned imediate right and drove 100 mtrs to the Qld border and crossed from SA into Qld.  I stopped in at the small remote store for a cold drink, then I travelled 20 k's along a track, then turned right onto a 15 k track to the border/dog fence.  Then I crossed from Qld back into NSW and the Sturt NP again.  An interesting experience.

This morning I am moving to go back to the Kinchega NP/Menindee Lakes about 150 k's south as I enjoyed the place when i went there 3 wks ago , especially the kayaking which I only was able to do briefly due to the very strong winds at the time.  Hopefully more favourable conditions this time.

Not looking forward to the warmer weather this wed/thurs, 35 & 37 degrees, ouch.   I will be finding a big tree to camp under by one of the lakes so i can cool off in the water during the day.  I hear on the radio sunny coast is also coppin 30+ weather too.  Crazy summer weather has come early over lots of Aussie..

Got my 1st flat tyre the other day for the trip, it has a metal srew embedded in it.  Havn't been able to get it fixed yet as its a long weekend public holiday thing in NSW atm.  Have done 19200 k's so far. Not sure if its good tyres or good luck with no previous problems.

Here are some pics of Sturt NP area and Tibooburra
Pinaroo lake, Sturt NP, approx 7am


Cruisin around Sturt NP in the desert

Lake Pinaroo sunset

Next morning unexpected but much needed brief rare outback rain.  I stood out in it for ten mins to wash off some dust!



These large granite outcrops are around the town of Tibooburra and just into the NP only.  Similar to stanthorpe area.  I went on the deadhorse gully walk through the granite hills


Remote small town of Tibooburra

Sunset on the granite walk


These next 2 pics of the old Tibooburra pub were taken last year, real outback history and hospitality

In the small bar.  Note all the stockmans and drovers hats around the top donated to the pub over the years






0 comments:

Post a Comment