GOODAY AGAIN FROM BROKEN HILL

Saturday 21 September 2013

Hey this week I left Broken Hill and went trippin to Kinchega NP/Menindee Lakes area 110 k's south east of here on the Darling river.  Amazing so much water in the far west NSW outback but after reading some stuff in the 1960's the government decided to dam the darling river and regulate flow between the 9 lakes so there would always be water for human consumption and agriculture etc.

Went kayaking on one lake only as the rest of the time it was blowin a gale, but I had a good time.  Also had a look through an old woolshed in the Nat Park.  Have seen old woolsheds in other Nat parks as well.

Then I came back here friday to watch Geelong on tv at a club. The cats played out the game and nearly won, I am very proud of their achievements this season especially with so many young players.

Did I say I was using Broken Hill as a base to go in different directions to Nat Parks etc then comin back each time??   Tomorrow, sunday I am leaving again to go to another Nat Park north east of here, approx 150 k's away.

I met a lady camper from Canberra during the week who works in defence dept there, had an interesting conversation about government jobs there and mining jobs in Aussie. Turns out she had indirectly been involved with the graduate recruitment at defence in the past so knew all about the interview process I went for with defence in Adelaide

The silver flash temporarily the red flash after rain turned red dirt roads wet and muddy.  It should slowly turn back to silver if more rain occurs I suppose



The following pictures are of Kinchega NP & Menindee Lakes

Local Kite morning tea



Lake Cawndilla, Pelicans hunched down against the wind

Camping Lake Cawndilla,  I did kayaking here

Darling River, very low level as water controlled by weir controls 

Lake Parnamaroo, couldn't kayak here due to very strong winds


Lake Menindee

Yummy cupcakes.  Were being sold in broken Hill street stall today!




0 comments:

Post a Comment