GOODAY FROM BROKEN HILL NSW

Monday 16 September 2013

Hey from the NSW/SA border. Arrived here on friday.

Broken Hill is quite a big town in the outback.  Started with mining in 1880's.  First time I have seen maccas, KFC, hungry jacks etc and major supermarkets and target and bigw etc since Port Augusta in early June.  Bit strange after little towns with not much of anything...other than pub, fuel and small amt of food...

Travelled 600 k's south east across from Leigh Creek, SA on red dirt roads.

The van has now changed color to red dirt all over.  Last thursday it rained during the day
making the red dirt a bit wet and muddy.

By the way that was the first rain I had seen since being in the Flinders Ranges in early June!  Long dry time waitin for it.  Doesn't rain hardly in the top half of Sth Aus and far west Qld where I have been for last 3 months.

Also when i stopped for the nite 200 k's west of here i had to put my jumper on as it was quite cold.  First time i had used the jumper for approx 2 months!  Had been wearin just a singlet for ages. Amazin difference in the temperature after travellin south from Innamicka about 1000 k's from low 30's to low to mid 20's here with cooler nites.

I'm not complainin as i enjoy the cooler weather here.  Oh gooday to the roustabout kid and the beautiful one!!!

I am leavin here tomorrow to go check out Menindee lakes and Kinchega Nat Park south east of here til friday as I am coming back to watch Geelong in the finals on TV.  There are some lakes there so I will be doing some kayaking as well. 

No pictures as I have lots of pictures from last year when I passed through here on way to Adelaide.

I will put some of those pics on next post for your pleasure..

0 comments:

Post a Comment