GOODAY FROM JINDABYNE

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Jindabyne is in the bottom of NSW, to the right of thredbo, perisher valley ski resorts and Kosciuszko Nat Park and is down below the snow line on a big lake.

The last week and a bit I have been to different areas of the Alpine NP in Vic such as Mt Cobbler, Mt Buffalo, Mt Bogong, Falls Creek, Mt Wills and Lake Dartmouth.  I then crossed into NSW into the Kosciouszko NP  and checked out Thredbo area, Perisher Valley resorts such as Guthega, Smiggins holes, Perisher and Charlotte Pass.  All the previous places are covered in snow in winter.

It can snow anytime of the year apparently.  I found some areas of snow on Mt Bogong and Mt Kosciouszko & nearby mountains.  First time I have been around snow since I was a teenager living in Melb!!!  All good fun.

From Jindabyne I am heading north through the Kosciouzsko NP to Tumut then north to the Blue Mountains NP via Goulburn.  Then across to the coast near Newcastle.

I have lots of pics for your viewing pleasure

Paradise falls

Lake Cobbler, camping here, approx 1200 mtrs high in mountains

On Mt Cobbler walk, I can see the summit

Snow gums. These are the only trees that grow up in the snow country

View down the side of Mt Cobbler

Across the valley is the Mt Buller ski resort town

Lake Buffalo with Mt Buffalo at the rear, very pretty place 
          Mt Buffalo summit

On a walk climbing down through a thin gap in two large rocks




The Horn.  The highest point on Mt Buffalo. 1730 mtrs up, I climbed up to the viewing platform


An approaching storm, got pelted with hailstones

On North Buffalo walk

I like these pine trees at the Mt Buffalo chalet

0 comments:

Post a Comment