GOODAY FROM THE VICTORIAN ALPINE HIGH COUNTRY..

Monday 18 November 2013

Just had to get on here and tell someone about my travellin experiences since 13 November

I'll set the scene for you at this very moment!

I am in a large valley parked beside a busy running river over rocks, its a nice sunny day here, crisp cool air, mountain ranges loom up high around me.  But, notably Victoria's highest mountain, Mt Bogong @ 1986 metres towers above me.  I can see some snow on its peak.

Wow, I hear you say that you want to be here now.  Well I better take some quick pictures to put on here for your viewing pleasure.

The last 6 days I have been to Eildon Nat Park on Eildon Weir and then I went north a bit to Mansfield.  I asked the Lady at the info place how do I get across the Vic high country to Jindabyne and Cooma in southern NSW via the scattered Alpine Nat park areas.

Well I can tell you I am half way there already.  The Vic high country is all about continuous mountain ranges, deep valleys, ski resorts on top of mountains, mountain lakes,scattered towns connected by bike paths on old railway lines, really cool mountain hiking tracks for me to trek on and fantastic Nat Park and State Forest camping on top of mountains or half way up all through the high country.

Since Mansfield I have been to Mt Cobbler (1628 mtrs) and lake, experienced 360 deg mountain top viewing of continuous mountain ranges as far as binoculars go, to the north of Mount Buller, Whitfield, Lake Buffalo, Myrtleford,camped 2 nites on Mt Buffalo ski area (1730 Mtrs) and been through Bright today which is set up for the ski bunnies that go to Mt Buffalo.  I am heading into another section of the Alpine Nat Park and campinin at a place called Mountain Creek where you can hike around or go to the top of Mt Bogong I think.  After that I am heading for Mt Beauty, Falls Creek ski resort, Omeo, Lake Dartmouth and north across NSW border to Corryong and Thredbo ski resort which are both in the Kosciosko NP then onto Jindabyne.  Mt Hotham ski resort is to the south of here but have to go there next time..

Phew that will keep me busy for a bit.  The only drama with going up mountain ranges and down into valleys then up again is its making my ears go wacky so I have to keep clearing them!!

Anyway here is a pic of where i am right now by the river and a pic of Mt Bogong.  More pics when I get to Jindabyne ok...
Mt Bogong, 1986 metres.  See the small amount of snow top left.  Taken from mountain range on other side of valley that i came over from Bright.

Where i am right now typing this post. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment